| © copyright 2008 |
| Internet Futures |
Tips for Preparing Your Move
BE READY AND HAVE A PLAN FOR YOUR DESTINATION
By being ready I mean, having all your medications, wallet, check book, keys, overnight items and important documents in one place away from the moving area (e.g., your car or purse, etc. If you told the movers you were packing, and didn’t finish your task, call in advance so they can prepare to assist you upon they arrival. If you don’t have experience packing, live it to the movers to do. Otherwise, ask them for tips in how to pack.
- All packing should be complete by moving day, so the move will go faster and more economical to you. If you do pack yourself, mark each box where it is going at destination, use good-solid boxes or moving boxes.(you can find them at Self Storage facilities) also, use packing paper or tissue paper but DO NOT USE NEWS PAPER.
- We can provide you with Moving boxes and sometimes we may have used boxes at a reduced price. Follow good packing instructions! Or ask us for more detail information and tips. Let the movers do as much as possible it’s worth every penny to have the movers pack for you.
- If you need help to unpack, please let us know in advance to plan for it. If you ask us the same day, we may not be able to accommodate the time since some times the crew has another move after yours.
- Time is of the essence! Please mark what goes in advance so the movers can start upon arrival and signing of the contract. If you couldn’t mark the items, we will walk with you throughout the house and mark them for you. This may cost you a bit more.
- Dressers, night stands and desks don’t need to be empty unless they have breakables. These need to be packed or is small wrapped around with towels or clothing.
- We have methods and procedures to be efficient and get the job done. It is important to be out of their way the day of the move. If you have family assisting, let only one person be the guide. This will prevent confusion and will eventually save you money.
- It is very important not to cancel your phone service until the morning after you move, or provide the movers with a movable (cell) phone number for the day of the move.
- Homeowners insurance usually covers only where you live but not for moving. Inform yourself in advance or choose one of the additional coverage options that we offer.
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. You can have the movers do everything if you want. All you really need to do is decide what you want and don’t want. Make it easy on yourself.
- Throw away what you don’t need. Also go over your closet items that you will not use anymore and dispose of them before the moving day.
- When measuring your new house or apartment, consider windows, A/C window units, doors, cable location, etc. when planning for furniture and TV locations. If you fail to do so, you may find yourself with one or two pieces that you can’t use in your new place.
- Make transportation arrangements beforehand. The Movers can’t take clients in their truck due to insurance requirements.
- As a daily routine, we hook up your TC, VCR, Telephone, Lamps, and Microwave. If you have other needs, let the office know in advance so we can help you better.
- When all this is done and the movers live, relax and enjoy your new place.